ozBeanz refers to ozBeanz Pty. Ltd. and its related companies
Please note that we cannot and do not assume any responsibility for the privacy or security practices of any other web sites which you may be able to access through our site, or for our customers' level of compliance with our code.
The Information We Collect
ozBeanz collects different information about you at different times. There are 4 broad categories of information that we collect from you:
- Information we require to supply our services.
- When you first sign up or contract with ozBeanz for our services, or when you make an inquiry about our services, we request information such as your name, address, telephone number, email details of your primary and secondary contacts, credit card details (if you are paying online or via direct debit). We may also ask for your age and gender.
- We may also monitor and/or record telephone conversations with you from time to time in order to train staff and to improve our service to you.
- Other demographic information. If you respond voluntarily to our surveys or other interactive communications, we collect the responses and use the information to improve the quality and range of ozBeanz’ products and services.
Personal information stored
ozBeanz will have personal information stored on our servers due to the fact that we host online services of other organisations. This information, whether voluntarily provided or not, will not be used or released by ozBeanz in any manner, and it will be kept strictly confidential, unless we are required to release the information by law.
How We Use Personal Information
We collect and use your personal information to operate and deliver our services to you. We will use your personal information to provide you with: technical support, billing and credit control, sales support, product upgrades and information.
When you contract with ozBeanz for our services or make enquiries of our services, you will be requested to provide your consent to us to send promotional material to you. If you consent to receipt of promotional material, we will use your personal information to provide you with promotional material. You may stop the delivery or "opt out" of future promotional email from ozBeanz by following the specific instructions in the email you receive. These instructions will tell you how to remove your name from our promotional email list.
We may use your personal information to:
- contact you in relation to upgrading your use of our services, special offers (from us, or on behalf of third parties), with newsletters, surveys, and individual service audits. We may give extracts of our customer lists containing personal information to third party contractors to do this on our behalf. We will ensure that those contractors are bound to protect your personal information to the same standard that we are.
- monitor and address complaints, other feedback, and to resolve disputes;
- in the case of credit cards, to bill you for services;
- in the case of ABNs, to verify your identity;
- in the case of our partners who are IT professionals, to ascertain your areas of specialty and to refer prospective customers to you;
- maintain a technical and account history of your dealings with us, and to re-establish your account with us where you rejoin as a customer within 6 months after having terminated your account;
- monitor your compliance with our terms and conditions of use;
- comply with our reporting and other obligations to third party licensors (such as reporting to software suppliers the number and identity of software licenses we have issued as part of our products).
We will treat all information we collect from you as strictly confidential. ozBeanz does not rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. We will not reveal, disclose, sell, distribute, rent, license, share or pass onto any third party (other than those who are contracted or supply services to ozBeanz including of spam filter operators) any personal information that you may have provided to us unless we have your express consent to do so, other than in the circumstances set out in the next paragraph.
We will disclose your personal information, without notice or your consent, only:
- if we are required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform with the laws, applicable code of conduct or legal process served on us in relation to our business or web site;
- to protect and defend the rights or property of ozBeanz;
- if we consider it necessary to do so in order to enforce or apply the terms of any of our agreements with you;
- to contractors providing licensed collections services, credit card payment processing and CRM services, who comply with our privacy and security policies
- if we sell our business or part of it; and
- in extreme circumstances, to protect the personal safety of users of ozBeanz’ services, its web site, our staff or the public.